Wednesday, November 9, 2011

52 Photos Project

The prompt this week: Capture shades of aqua.
I captured these while hiking from Monterosso al Mare
to Vernazza, the two northernmost towns of Italy's
Cinque Terre, one of the most beautiful spots in the world.
Sadly, both towns were heavily damaged by mudslides
a couple of weeks ago, and the heavy rains keep coming.
If you're interested, Nicole, who writes the blog
Cultural Comments, provided a report and continues
to post updates and info on how to help. 

[To see more of the 52 Photos Project, visit Bella's meme.]

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful capture of the aqua water!

    It is sad to read about the mudslides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely photo ~ namaste, Carol( A Creative Harbor) Happy 52 day ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photo. And thanks for the information about the mudslides. Vernazza was the first town my husband and I ever visited in Italy, and holds a very special spot in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful colors. So sad to know those amazing places were damaged... I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the news.

    if... all things made with love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad and a nice "tribute" to this fact of life.

    ReplyDelete